Photobucket

Photo Credit: Mikala Gallo

Monday, January 30, 2012

Album Review of Sleep Party People


  

Sleep Party People is a band that was created by Brian Batz. Batz, on impulse, constructed this band, by himself, to let his emotions seep through the music. Batz created all the music, but when performing live he brings other musicians into the mix. The genre that has been assigned to Sleep Party People is Electronic, but I beg to differ. Sleep Party People’s debut album invokes a chill down my spine. I can’t think straight after listening to them, and it’s only because the sound wraps itself around my soul and mind; it’s so much more than just “electric” it’s a twist of dreamy melodies and altered vocals. I recommend Sleep Party People to anyone who enjoys CocoRosie, or Cocteau Twins, and if you don’t know either of those bands, then check em' out!

 Sleep Party People released the album “Sleep Party People” in 2010. The track list includes:

1.     In the Morning Sun We Stand
2.     Our Falling Snow
3.     10 Feet Up
4.     Notes to You
5.     An Iris Pseudocorus
6.     The Dwarf and the Horse
7.     A sweet Song About Love
8.     Third drawer Down
9.     I’m Not Human At All
10. Everything Has an End

This album is simply beautiful; it’s eerie and melancholic, but magical and so greatly unique. Sleep Party People play with rabbit-masks on which makes them truly sound like non-humans; and their song Not Human At All gives the sense that they really are not human, that maybe deep inside, we all aren’t human. They make me question so many things about humans and music; which is why, to me, they are so unique. Their debut album has been “crowned” album of the week inDenmark. I encourage all of my blog readers to listen to Sleep Party People.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like "Not Human At All." I feel exactly what you described... their sound kind of enters you from the inside out, if that makes sense. It makes my lungs feel like they are drowning but they're super light at the same time. I think you'll understand what I'm saying... others may be confused though. Thanks for sharing them!

    -your wittle fishy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your point of view. I get exactly what your saying, I feel the same way! Thanks for sharing your opinion.

    -your light switch

    ReplyDelete