Photobucket

Photo Credit: Mikala Gallo

Monday, January 30, 2012

Goodbye's aren't forever


 Photo Credit: Mikala Gallo
The majority of people reading this blog most likely already know it was an assignment for school. This is my final assigned post. In the beginning of the assignment, I was told to pick any topic a wanted for my blog. Initially, my thought was to inform all my viewers and followers about one specific artist who inspired me, but then my thoughts kind of evolved. I had the idea of creating a blog that would kind of reach out to more people; hopefully help certain people. I wanted to create a blog about music, the way it changes people, the way it cures people, and the way it can move people from within. This is a place for anyone and everyone.



This blog has taught me many interesting things that I had no idea existed. From research, I’ve discovered new artists that I am completely fascinated by. Without making this blog, I would have never known that music is such an important piece in so many people’s lives. I’ve found out so many interesting facts about artists I’ve never known before. I had no idea music therapy was used in so many places, and I most definitely had no idea that the people close to me used music as a remedy.



There were many challenges when creating this blog. It was incredibly tedious and it took me quite some time to concentrate on writing all of my assigned posts. Research took a lot of time, which was difficult since I had other work at the same time. Although I had some troubles, I most definitely wouldn’t have wanted any other final project for this class. I think creating a blog was a great choice. It really brings out each of our personalities and it let’s us have our own space to talk about things we feel passionate about.



When I interviewed someone very close to me for this blog, I discovered things I did not know; I would have never found these things out if it weren’t for this blog. I also realized the difficulty in answering personal questions. It’s not so easy to just open yourself up and spill your emotions out for everyone to read. I felt very close to my interviewee while talking about the importance of music on his life. It’s so exciting to have people around me understand the significance of music, and use music as a cure for troubles, like myself.  I feel that music can bring people together, and create friendships that may not have existed if it weren’t for the music.



I am supposed to tell you if I will be continuing with my blog or not. In all honesty, I want to say yes, but I may not have the time to use it as much as I have been lately. This blog was a blast to create and play around with, but it won’t be used as frequently as I have been using it. This doesn’t mean I won’t check it ever again, or post anything ever again. I might use it again in the near future, or I might not use it until a year from now. Thank you for reading my blog, I hope it has fascinated many.

7 comments:

  1. It has fascinated me. <3 You are one inspirational lady. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do continue using it frequently! Regardless, I have enjoyed reading your posts and listening to the music you've shared so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a doll, I hope to use it frequently

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mikala, I really enjoyed navigating your blog. I really connect to it because I think back to myself at your age and see this as the blog I would have created ( if the Internet or blogs had been around at that time, anyway). Your hard work paid off. . . You should proud of the final product. I hope you will continue to post, however sporadically the posts may be, because you have a unique voice and approach that is enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mrs. Suriano, I appreciate the feedback. It was so fun to create because I feel such a strong connection to music, and it's nice to know you would have created a music blog as well. Journalism was a blast and I can already tell that creative writing will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, creative writing! (: I love it already! :] Especially our spy walks...

    ReplyDelete